| Electronic Banking | Prepaid Visa®
Convenient gift-giving, travel and more.
Visa prepaid cards make gift-giving, travel and everyday errands
more convenient than ever before. As gifts, they're perfect for
every occasion, including birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and
graduations. For travel, they're a convenient alternative to traveler's
cheques. And they're great if you want the convenience a Visa debit
card offers without a checking account.
Columbus Metro now offers three prepaid Visa cards to choose from:
Gift, Reloadable and Travel. No matter which card you choose,
you can use your card everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted and
manage your account online at www.myprepaidbalance.com.
Gift cards are perfect for gift-giving and a low-cost solution
for the occasional user.
- Available in any amount from $10 to $1,000 with several card
designs to choose from.
- Card does not have cash access and can be used at any merchants
that accept Visa debit cards.
- Gift cards are available for purchase at any of our offices
for $2.95 each.
Reloadable cards are great for those who prefer to use plastic
rather than checks or cash for everyday purchases. A reloadable
card can even serve as a "checkless checking" account
when you set up direct deposit.
- Available in any amount from $20 to $3,000
- Reloads made in person at any of our offices are $2.95; reloads
through direct deposit are free.
- After the first reload, you'll receive a personalized card by
mail that's good for three years.
- In addition to signature-based debit transactions, reloadable
cards can be used at ATMs, for PIN-based point-of-sale purchases
and for cash advances (transaction fees may apply).
- Reloadable cards may be purchased at any of our offices for
- There is no monthly fee when you set up direct deposit to your
card; otherwise, it's $3.00 per month.
Travel cards are more convenient than traveler's cheques, and just
- Available in any amount from $100 to $3,000
- In addition to signature-based debit transactions, travel cards
can be used at ATMs, for PIN-based point-of-sale purchases and
for cash advances (transaction fees may apply).
- Travel cards are reloadable, so one card can be used for multiple
trips. You can reload the card at any of our offices for $2.95;
reloads through direct deposit are free.
- Travel cards are $7.95 and may be purchased at any of our offices.
- Add a companion card, which shares the same balance, for $2.95.
This card is issued by MetaBank, a federal savings
association, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.